Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Seashell Mirror

I am trying to get ready for a trip this weekend. Which means loads and loads of laundry, getting the car to the shop for oil change, and still trying to pack for the move and finish all the projects I have scheduled to complete before my move. Basically, Im running around like a chicken with no head.  I have managed to get a few projects completed. My favorite one being the shell mirror I was working on last week.

My parents renovated their downstairs bathroom, and they decided to replace the plain oval mirror over the vanity so I scooped that mirror up and decided it needed a facelift. I thought surrounding it with a frame of shells would bring new life to it, and it would be perfect in our kitchen in Georgia.

I am happy with the final product. I would like to make one with small all white shells or all white starfish. Maybe for the porch?

  First, adhesive. I used Beacon 527 glue. This glue worked wonderfully, dries clear and can be removed with acetone. The only drawback? It smells nail polish remover. The smell is very strong. I recommend using it in a large or well ventilated room.

Photo courtesy of Beacon Adhesive


This is not the ACTUAL mirror, but it identical. I forgot to take a picture of the plain mirror before I started, so we have to make do with a stand in! Its just a very basic oval bathroom mirror.

Photo courtesy of Kentwood Manufacturing


Now, here is the finished product. The photo is terrible, I know, but it is the best I can do with everything else I have going on right now! When I get it hung up in Georgia (end of next month) I will take a picture of it on the wall so you can get a better idea of just how great it looks!




Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go finish the laundry, do the dishes, and clean the house and hopefully find time to remove my half destroyed nail polish.   I live a glamorous life, I know.


2 comments:

Maile said...

LOVE the mirror - I have been thinking of making one with all the shells we find diving. Thanks for adhesive idea!!!

Gloria @ A Little Paint said...

This is such a great idea! I so need to add some adhesive like this to my crafting closet, there are just way too many applications for it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails