Thursday, June 9, 2011

A lot can happen in a year

Over a year to be exact. Im not sure how it happened that I stopped blogging for so long, but I guess life (read:work) just got in the way. 

We moved to Georgia at the end of June 2010.  6 weeks after arriving here I started working full time and had a long commute every day- there was just no free time to be used for blogging. I've really missed blogging, and I've missed quilting, sewing and making my sweet treats and all the other things I had time to do before working full time, but the extra money from working was nice. Life kept us busy, we moved our son into a private school near my office, and everything was very hectic, but was a sort of organized chaos. 

A few months ago we found out we are expecting our second child in October. We are so excited and overwhelmed too! But, life kept moving, and then baseball season started. My office and my sons school are over 30 miles from our home, so our days were already long, but add baseball games that didn't end until after 830 to the mix, and I was gone from the house many days for over 12 hours. It was hard to juggle pregnancy, work, baseball and a 9 year old, but I felt I was managing it all pretty well. But my body was starting to revolt. At our 18 week appointment we had an ultrasound and found out we were having a little girl. We also found out I have a complete placenta previa. Although we knew there was a chance it could move, we were still very concerned.   Two days later,  I started bleeding (spotting really) at work, and had to go to the doctors office and then the ER. The event was labeled as a threatened miscarriage and the doctor gave me a stern lecture about my busy lifestyle and informed me that I would be put on bed rest and possibly hospitalized if another episode like this one occurred. She also gave me a lot of other restrictions: pelvic rest, no lifting anything heavier than my purse (obviously she has never seen the amount of crap in my purse), and only light housework. At that time Mr SassyPants and I decided that I needed to stay home where I could relax and lie down as necessary.  The next week I gave my notice at work. So now I am at home and able to relax when need be, take it easy and concentrate on growing a healthy full term baby. We have our next u/s in a few weeks and we are hoping to see that the previa has resolved itself; we are just taking life day by day. And poor Mr SassyPants is still a Navy Diver, but is now also maid, gardener and basically he is the one that does about 75% of everything around here. He is looking a little tired, but swears he is fine.   

In the meantime., life is still marching by at a fast pace. We are preparing for Lily, and have managed to pick out bedding and create a registry with Pottery Barn:

Penelope Bedding Pottery Barn 

And we have started trying to choose strollers and car seats (there are FAR more choices than there were 9 years ago). And bascially we are just trying to take life one day at a time. 

Now that I am home again I expect to be abel to start baking and sewing again and I am so excited about that. I also look forward to getting back to blogging again. I have really missed it! 


Jenni said...

Good luck Amy! Wishing you all the best in your pregnancy.

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

Sounds like there's a lot going on right now but Im glad you are taking it easy for your pregnancy. I'll be praying for you. Glad you're back to blogging.


Related Posts with Thumbnails